Many light novels/novels have become animated in 2019. In autumn, there were works such as; “Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious”, “Ascendance of a Bookworm”, “Babylon”, etc.
Many of you must be looking forward to seeing how the letter-woven world is translated into an anime.
Here at Anime!Anime!, we had the same survey as the first half of 2019, asking “Which light novel/novel would you like to see an anime adaption of? (The last half of 2019)”. There were 255 votes during the survey period of Dec. 1 to Dec. 12.
There were more male respondents with the male-female ratio being 65% male, 35% female. The age group was on the young side with 40% being 19 and under, and 25% being in their 20s.
■”Kusuriya no Hitorigoto” remains at the top!
1st place was “Kusuriya no Hitorigoto” with 7% of the vote keeping its position from the first half of 2019.
It is a mystery set in a medieval royal palace. Comments such as “It is very entertaining to see the two protagonists growing up and their relationship developing.” and “I was so hooked on the series that I bought all the volumes this year! Not only the beautiful visuals and the glam of the royal palace but the hardcore mystery-solving is also very interesting. Since they're going to release a voice drama, I have high expectations for an anime adaption with the same cast!” show its high popularity.
Coming in 2nd is “86 – Eighty-Six” rising from 4th place receiving 5% of the vote.
The Grand Prize winner of the Dengeki Novel Prize was highly evaluated of its hardcore world with comments such as; “I love its profound story which is unlike other light novels in a good way.”, “The plot centering on robots makes it quite different from the other Isekai style stories.”, and “The depiction of racism and how the victims are treated seems very real and makes it interesting.”
At 3rd place was “Kyoto Fukei Ayakashi Ka no Jikenbo” (The Case Files of Kyoto Prefecture Police Ayakashi Division) with 4% of the vote.
The story is a modern fantasy depicting the activities of the Kyoto Prefecture Police's Special Security unit, Ayakashi Division. Many comments pointed out the depiction of Kyoto's atmosphere saying, “The description of Kyoto is so realistic, it makes me want to visit Kyoto. The characters are also charming and I'm sure the battle scenes will look great on the screen.”, “The Kansai dialect is really funny. I'd love to see it in moving images.”
There were also many comments wishing for recreations of the already animated titles. For example, “Since the latest volume has been released, I'd love to see another animation of it” for “The Twelve Kingdoms” and “There are many episodes in stock with the original series entering the chapter of 2nd-grade.” for “Classroom of the Elite”.
The survey ended with neck-to-neck results. An astonishing 20 titles tied at 20th place. A widespread of genres from light novels to overseas science fiction received votes. The following is the list of titles in the top 20.
“Which light novel/novel would you like to see an anime adaption of? (The last half of 2019)”
1. “Kusuriya no Hitorigoto” Hyuuga Natsu
2. “86 – Eighty-Six” Asato Asato
3. “Kyoto Fukei Ayakashi Ka no Jikenbo” Tengeiji Sayaka
4. “Nanahime Monogatari” Takano Wataru
5. “Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi” Eguchi Ren
6. “Fate/strange Fake” Narita Ryougo
6. “ShangriLa Frontier ~ Shitty Games Hunter Challenges Godly Game ~” Kata Rina
6. “The Twelve Kingdoms” Ono Fuyumi
6. “The Eminence in Shadow” Aizawa Daisuke
6. “The Violent Century” Lavie Tidhar
11. “Classroom of the Elite” Kinugasa Shougo
11. “Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy” Nimaru Shuuichi
11. “Seirei Gensouki” Kitayama Yuuri
11. “Ameku Takao no Suiri Karte” Chinen Mikito
11. “Sankaku no Kyori wa Kagirinai Zero” Misaki Saginomiya
11. “Odayaka Kizoku no Kyuuka no Susume” Misaki
11. “Koujodenka no Kateikyoushi” Shichino Riku
18. “Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja” Ryuusen Hiritsugu
18. “The World's Greatest First Love: The Case of Hatori Yoshiyuki” Fujisaki Miyako & Nakamura Shungiku
20. “Accel World” Kawahara Reki
20. “Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dameningen ni Sareteita Ken” Saeki-san
20. “Girudore” Asagiri Kafuka
20. “Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear” Kumanano
20. “Classmate ga Tsukaima ni Narimashite” Kakujou Azuma
20. “Super Cub” Tone Koken
20. “Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody” Ainana Hiro
20. “Haguruma Drive” Kabayakidare
20. “I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home.” Shimesaba
20. “Akuyaku Reijou Nanode Rasubosu wo Kattemimashita” Nagase Sarasa
20. “Torture Princess of Another World” Ayasato Keishi
20. “My Friend's Little Sister is Annoying Only Towards Me” Mikawa Ghost
20. “The World of Otome Games is Tough For Mobs” Mishima Yomu
20. “Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano Datta” Kamishiro Kyousuke
20. “Pretty Boy Detective Club” Nishio Ishin
20. “Nogi Wakaba is a Hero” Akashiro Aoi
20. “Dousei Kara Hajimaru Otaku Kanojo no Tsukurikata” Murakami Rin
20. “Nageki no Bourei wa Intai Shitai – Saijiyaku Hanta ni Yoru Saikiyou Patei Ikusei Jutsu” Tsukikage
20. “Asakusa Oniyome Nikki: Ayakashi Fuufu wa Konse koso Shiawase ni Naritai” Yuuma Midori
20. “Sentou Jousai Masurawo” Hayashi Tomoaki
(Survey Period: Dec. 1 to Dec. 12, 2019)