“Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train” brought about 3.42 million audiences to 403 theaters nationwide, including 38 IMAX theaters, in the three days, October 16, 17, and 18. It turned out that the box office revenue exceeded 4.6 billion yen.
“Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train”, which was released nationwide on October 16, 2020, is a movie that depicts the new mission of Tanjiro and others set in the mugen train from the final episode “Kamado Tanjiro Risshi Arc” of the 2019 TV anime “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba”.
On October 17, stage greetings were conducted with the appearance of the director, cast members, and theme song artist at TOHO Cinemas Roppongi Hills in Tokyo, and live streaming was also made to 206 movie theaters nationwide.
The box office results for the first three days announced this time are: 910,507 audiences and box office revenue 1,268,724,700 yen on October 16, 1,270,234 audiences and box office revenue 1,701,723,350 yen on 17, and 1,239,752 audiences and box office revenue 1,652,669,400 yen on 18.
The box office on 16 recorded the highest in history of the number of audiences and box office revenue for movies released in Japan on weekdays. Also, the records on 17 and 18 are ranked first in Japan in the history of the number of audiences and box office revenue on Saturdays and Sundays.
Even in the WEB questionnaire by using a personal computer and a mobile phone on the first day, “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train”, shows 84.6% of “very good” and 13.8% of “good” combined to show a very high satisfaction level of 98.4%.
We can’t wait to see how far the number of the future box office will be increased with expectations.