The video distribution service”dTV” has announced the “dTV Viewing Ranking for the First Half of 2020”, which shows the works most viewed by the audience. TV anime series “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba” ranked in 1st place by leaving behind the Hollywood action movie “The Fate of the Furious” and other films.
The 1st place went to “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba”, which has become a social phenomenon and has gained a lot of support mainly from teenagers and those in their 20s. The final episode of the original manga came out in May 2020, and the new film is set to be released this fall. It reached the top of the ranking by gaining an overwhelming number of viewers on “dTV”.
Compared to the ranking of the first half of last year, the number of anime works at the top has decreased. Despite this, many animation films and series are included in the top 10; “Despicable Me 3” in 2nd place, “Detective Conan” (TV anime series) in 5th place, “Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer” (Movie) in 7th place, “SING” (Movie) in 9th place, and “Black Clover” in 10th place.
<Top 10 Viewing Ranking for the First Half of 2020>
1. TV anime “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba”
2. Animated Movie “Despicable Me 3”
3. Foreign Movie “The Fate of the Furious”
4. Foreign Movie “MEGALODON”
5. TV anime “Detective Conan”
6. Variety Show “Hachiji Dayo! Zen'in Shuugou”
7. Animated Movie “Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer”
8. Foreign Movie “The Mummy”
9. Animated Movie “SING”
10. TV anime “Black Clover”